May 3, 2011

Family

For a little while in April, we were practically running a hotel in our 1 bedroom apartment. Katie was down in Brisbane for almost a week before she headed to Darwin, and part of that time overlapped with Jim and Aidan, who were on a world tour.



Through an incredible coincidence, the 5 of us met up on the beach at Surfer's Paradise.







On our second day together, we all went over to North Stradbroke island to check out some quieter beaches. This is Mary on the Big Red Cat (the car ferry across).



Aidan blowing off some steam after listening to a boring scientist in the Moreton Bay Research Station.



This picture took a few tries.



Katie and I on the top of Mt Cootha.





Katie and I hit up the modern art gallery. I never thought I'd get so much culture out of a bit room full of balloons.





Also in the museum was this massive table full of white lego and the things people had built.



Katie on one of the bridges over the Brisbane River. It was nice to see the City Cat ferries running again - they'd been offline for the past 3 months because of the floods.



Katie and I in the natural history museum. I love these cutout photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the images, text, videos, sounds, emotions, and flavours on this page belong to me unless otherwise noted. If you reproduce or sell the aforementioned without crediting me and/or giving me a cut, my vengeance will be visited on you and your progeny to the 7th generation. Seriously.

Many thanks to my friend Mike for the webhosting.