Jan 14, 2011

Thursday floods

On Thursday Mary and I headed out to Kangaroo point and around South Bank. By this time, the flood waters had receded from their peak, but they were still very high.


Kangaroo Point Cliffs. I climb here regularly.


Loads of people were watching from the cliffs.


Newsies with a good view.


What's left of the Eagle Street Pier.


Some flooded docks around Kangaroo Point.


I don't know the name of this bridge, but it's the Pacific Motorway between the botanical gardens and the start of Kangaroo Point.




This barge or boat or whatever was wrapped around one of the piles of the Goodwill Bridge.


This pelican statue was almost submerged. Mary has a photo of these birds from a year ago.


One of the South Bank City Cat stations.


Another river ferry dock.


The Diamantina in the maritime museum. You can normally see the entire hull of this boat. It is no longer dry docked, it is just docked.


The Diamantina as it normally looks. Not my photo - from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the images, text, videos, sounds, emotions, and flavours on this page belong to me unless otherwise noted. If you reproduce or sell the aforementioned without crediting me and/or giving me a cut, my vengeance will be visited on you and your progeny to the 7th generation. Seriously.

Many thanks to my friend Mike for the webhosting.